Do you find this blog interesting for English teachers?

Buscar este blog

domingo, 14 de marzo de 2010

¿Cómo te gustaría que fuese la escuela del 2018? /How would you like school in 2018?

To start with, I would like to have classes with technological tools, so students would have their own laptop, or their own digital books. I cannot forget that I would also like to have motivated students that were very interested in learning, in knowing more about the world around them. I would like happy people everywhere, thinking that we teachers are to help and not the opposite.
It may seem a dream, but I am sure that dream will come true in a future, I bet.
But what I say above does not mean that I do not like school today, I do like school today, but I would like it to change a little bit. First, I like when parents believe what you are saying and trust the way you work; I like when children ask you for help, because you are there to help them, I like when my workmates have a good sense of humour during the whole day, I like to be part of a system that I believe in. But we all know that things change with the time for better or for worse, let's think that it will be for better.

1 comentario:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more, but here in Extremadura we are already working with a future-like technology and the results are not even positive. Students do not make "good use" of that technology and sometimes I prefer to turn everything off and go back to the book. The very first element we should change or just take care of is "education", and I don't mean the academic one. Nowadays students have no willing to work, they do not have any sense of effort, they don't care if there is something new to learn; they just dont't care at all! Do you think that all these things would change?

    ResponderEliminar